Join Our DBE Advantage Program Today!
Get the DBE Advantage. Get contracts.
6-month program. Opportunities matching. Thousands of dollars in free technical assistance.
Join now! Get the DBE advantage. Get contracts.
We’re looking for a few DBE firms that are ready to grow and position their businesses to obtain contracts from Caltrans.
The DBE Advantage program is a FREE program providing hands-on training, mentoring and continuous support for a minimum of 6 months to interested DBE firms who want to increase their chances in getting work on Caltrans projects. If you’re a certified DBE firm who would like to learn what it takes to be a successful bidder, or subcontractor, on Caltrans projects, this program is for you. We will break down the expectations, requirements and tried and tested approaches in key areas, such as business planning, marketing, partnering, estimating and bidding, and project management. Our program will provide a strong network of resources to help you achieve your business and contracting goals.
Benefits of our DBE Advantage program include:
- Workshops to help you better understand contracting and business fundamentals
- Assistance with business plan development
- One-on-one mentoring that is specific to the needs of your business
- Thousands of dollars in free technical assistance from Subject Matter Experts
- Matching of available Caltrans opportunities to you business’ services and/or products
- Notices for DBE opportunity matching
- Access to valuable business resources through our on-line DBE Advantage resource center for enrollees only
To qualify for the DBE Advantage program, you must be a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) or potential DBE located in Southern California (Caltrans Districts 7, 8, 11 or 12).
Not a certified DBE? If you qualify as a DBE firm, but have not yet gone through the certification process, you are eligible to participate in the Program. In general, a DBE is a for profit business that is controlled by and 51% owned by a socially and economically disadvantaged individual(s) within the meaning of DOT regulations. Please click the link below to view general guidelines, taken in part from the applicable regulation (49 C.F.R. Part 26), that will help business owners determine whether they qualify as a DBE:
If you meet this criteria, you are welcome to enroll in the DBE Advantage program.
Enrolling in the Program
- Complete our DBE Advantage program Enrollment Application electronically
- Applicants will receive a confirmation of program acceptance
- Someone from the DBE Supportive Services team will contact you to arrange an assessment meeting
- Following your business assessment meeting, you will be assigned to a mentor, who will guide you through the program and its offerings
If you prefer to submit your DBE Advantage enrollment application via email, please contact us at email@example.com for a copy of the form.